creativity is a journey...
performance is an adventure...
...and education is an art.
where will the arts take you?
“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.”
Grant and Fundraising Consultant
Center Stage Studios is seeking proposal submissions from qualified firms or individuals for Grant Writing Consultant(s) in accordance with the Scope of Work specified below.
Brief overview of Center Stage Studios: CSS was founded in 2010 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. In 2015, we made the decision to expand and currently operate under three separate umbrella entities: (1) Arts Detroit: a performing arts studio specializing in vocal, piano, and acting education; (2) Outvisible Theatre Company: a professional theatre company operating out of a small, movable black box space and primarily focusing on minimalistic, creative storytelling; and (3) The MT Project: a mentoring project for high school students wishing to pursue theatre or musical theatre at the collegiate level, providing educational resources and coaching for the audition process. For fiscal year 2016, we are looking to expand our budget to ten-times its current size in order to offer more programming and educational opportunities.
- Research corporations, foundations, government agencies, and individuals to discover and evaluate donor prospects
- Complete all paperwork and submit all necessary documents associated with grant application
- Develop and write grant reports, produce written reports for renewal and cultivation of potential and existing donors
- Coordinate with Executive Director on deadlines, timing of submissions and requests, and information-sharing
- Closely collaborate with the Executive Director to align fundraising messaging with overall institution communications to leverage programmatic achievements and establishing relationships with with corporate, foundation, and government agency prospects
- Provide record keeping in electronic and paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide the written materials necessary for ongoing donor stewardship
- Assist with other fundraising needs and projects as requested
- Develop working knowledge of CSS umbrella organizations
- Attends meetings of the Board of Directors as requested
- Must be able to meet in Allen Park, Michigan for initial meeting and planning, then may work remotely and schedule on-site meetings as necessary
Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum of three -five years of experience in grant writing, development and fundraising for a nonprofit organization
- At least one-two years of experience grant writing experience, some of which must be in the non-profit sector; arts non-profit experience preferred
- Strong articulation, with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of all aspects of fundraising, grant writing, researching, etc.
- Possess ability to work in collaborative manner
- Ability to set priorities, work independently, multitask, manage time, meet deadlines, and be willing to take initiative to ensure a project succeeds is necessary
- Must be able to have discretion and maintain confidentiality throughout their work
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and GoogleDocs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple communities and in diverse settings
- Position is deemed a consultant position with the possibility of being brought on for future Grant and Fundraising Management tasks
- Cover letter and resume; cover letter should include an executive summary regarding your relevant qualifications and experience
- Two (2) writing samples, preferably an arts non-profit grant proposal
- Respondent profile and history; if with a firm with multiple employees, please also include organizational chart with staff profiles
- List individual/firm name, business address, telephone number(s), email address(es), and website (if applicable)
- If relevant, indicate the year your firm or sole proprietorship was established and business organization (e.g. C-corporation, LLC, etc)
- Provide names and biographies of you/your firm’s key personnel that will be involved in the grant writing/research services
- Experience in providing grant research/writing services: provide a complete list of all relevant experience, including successful grant research/writing services provided, indicating the type of organization to which they were provided (e.g. non-profit, governmental agency, school, etc).
- References: provide three (3) to five (5) past client references: names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of individuals that would be capable of explaining and confirming your/your firm’s capacity to successfully complete the duties described above; at least one must be from a non-profit organization
- An overview of cost breakdown and your general payment policies (whether per hour, per project, payment terms, etc)
- Feel free to include any miscellaneous information which you feel is relevant to your submission
- Demonstrated knowledge of sources and grant funds available to arts non-profits
- Demonstrated proficiency in obtaining funds
- Demonstrated capability of project management and completion
- Consultant’s qualifications and experience (and that of their staff, if applicable)
- Plan provided by Consultant for services
- Cost of services
- Other information provided by Consultant
Notwithstanding any terms, conditions or provisions, in any other writing between the parties, the contractor/permittee hereby agrees to effectuate the naming of Center Stage Studios as an unrestricted additional insured on the contractor’s/permittee’s insurance polices, with the exception of workers’ compensation and professional errors and omissions. The contractor/permittee must provide an additional insured endorsement. A statement on the contractor/permittee’s insurance certificate that Center Stage Studios is an additional insured is not sufficient. The form of the additional insured endorsement must be approved by Center Stage Studios. Insurance requirements will be further discussed if an interview is scheduled.
Please send all above materials to email@example.com by Friday, 9 September 2016 by 11:59PM. Submission may be sent as an attachment (PDF preferred, Word Document acceptable) or with a link to a shared GoogleDoc.
Submissions will be reviewed immediately. Submitting parties will be notified their proposal has either been rejected or will be contacted to set up an interview within one week of submission deadline.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ready to take the next step?
Contact Arts Detroit
Please either use the form to the left, or you may use any of the following methods: