creativity is a journey...
performance is an adventure...
...and education is an art.
where will the arts take you?
“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.”
Arts Detroit’s GRAND OPENING!
Come celebrate with us as we officially open our doors! We have a fun afternoon planned with lots of music, a live music karaoke contes, light refreshments, and even sample classes and lessons!
Our schedule of events will be:
1:00 – Ribbon cutting ceremony
1:30 – Sample classes start
3:00 – Student and instructor performances
5:00 – Live music karaoke contest
See below for more information about our Grand Opening events!
Our instructors (Adriane Galea, John Hummel, Kirsten Sparks, and Karissa Park) as well as current students and parents will be on hand throughout the day to answer questions and give tours of the space.
Check out our website at ArtsDetroit.org for more information, and we will continue to add information on this page, too! Can’t wait to see you all!
Sample classes & lessons!
Our instructors will be on-hand for sample classes and private lessons!
Try a private voice lesson!
Mr. Hummel will be conducting FREE mini voice lessons in the Sondheim Studio from 1:30-2:45pm. We will only be able to offer a sample 5-minute private lesson to 15 students, so be sure to arrive early to sign up! Students must be between the ages of 13-18 in order to try a sample private voice lesson, and we ask that you bring a song prepared, preferably in the musical theatre or classical style (but anything will be fine!).
See what piano lessons are like!
Miss Karissa will be doing private piano lesson demonstrations from 1:30-2:30 pm in the Gershwin Studio. Students between the ages of 8-18 can sit at the piano and try it out with the guidance of an instructor. At 2:30, Miss Karissa will then take students between the ages of 4-7 as a group to see if they’d be interested in piano lessons or one of our Piano Readiness classes!
Try a group glass!
Miss Kirsten will be holding sample voice/theatre/musical theatre classes for younger students in the Jennifer Garbovan Actors Studio! For descriptions of what each class entails when it’s offered over an extended time, see our group instruction page. The class schedule is as follows:
1:30pm – Broadway Babies / Singing Stars (2½ – 6 years old)
1:50pm – Fairytale Theatre (4 – 6 years old)
2:10pm – Group Voice (7-12 years old)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding sample classes, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to see you!
- Must at least 13-years-old to enter
- Contestants must not be current students of, or related to, any Arts Detroit instructor
- If selected for semi-final or final round of contest, our provided pianist must be the only form of accompaniment
- If selected for semi-final or final round, contestants must provide sheet music in the correct key (no lead lines or chord sheet) with any cuts clearly marked (if you need sheet music, we recommend MusicNotes.com)
- Semi-finalists will perform one song in any pop music, jazz/blues, or musical theatre style, no longer than 4 minutes in length, with a live pianist
- Audience members can purchase voting ballots for $1 each, and the top five contestants as determined by audience vote will advance to the finals
- Five finalists will compete with a song different from their semi-final song (same criteria as above)
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges
- Top three contestants will be awarded a trophy
Grand prize winner will receive $100 CASH!
Ready to take the next step?
Contact Arts Detroit
Please either use the form above, or you may email us at:
We are located at:
18614 Ecorse Road
Allen Park, MI 48101
Phone: 313-427-2490 | Fax: 313-427-2459